So I decided I would like to share my best homemade pizza recipe with you and realized I haven’t got any photos of my yummy scrumptious, delicious tasty Curried Chicken Pizza!!!
I am still going ahead to publish this recipe and will add the pictures at a later stage. [Update: The photos have been added]
If you love sour cream, curry, chicken, red and yellow pepper, plus red onions you are in for a treat! It is a simple yet delectable recipe, and best of all, my children love it as well.
My Curried Chicken Pizza Recipe
yields: 2 large pizzas
preparation: Dough: 10 minutes; Toppings: 5 minutes
waiting time (for the dough): 90 minutes
baking time: conventional oven (500F/250ºC); woodfired oven: 2 minutes the most
Ingredients for the Dough
2 tsp sea salt
1tsp bakers yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 cup lukewarm water
Ingredients for the Sauce
250 ml sour cream
1 to 2 tsp curry powder of your choice
salt and freshly ground pepper
a little bit of water
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
one red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow and red pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Preparation for the Dough
- In a cup mix the lukewarm water with the yeast and a tiny bit of sugar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until the surface becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl mix the flour, salt.
- Pour the water/ yeast mixture into the flour and mix well with your hands or use a stand mixer with a dough hook. (my recommended ones are the Bosch Universal Mixer Plus or Ankarsrum AKM 6220 Stand Mixer)
- Knead the dough either by hand or with the mixer for about 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes stretchy and glossy. If the dough is too sticky add some flour; if it’s too dry add a bit of water.
- Sprinkle some flour over the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put the bowl in a warm place.
- Let the dough prove(rise) until doubled in size (around 90 minutes).
While you are waiting for the dough, get the sauce and toppings ready.
- Pour the sour cream, the seasoning, and the curry powder into a small bowl.
- Mix it together well and break up any lumps.
- Add a bit of water to get a creamy consistency.
- Check the seasoning and add more to your liking.
- Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Finely slice the peppers and red onion.
- Grate the mozzarella.
Now You Are Ready To Assemble The Pizza
Before you get the pizza ready, preheat the oven or your woodfired oven. If you are using a conventional oven, I recommend using a pizza stone. The pizza stone needs preheating as well. If you don’t have one, no worries at all.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into two balls.
- Stretch out one part of the dough until you reach the desired size and thickness.
- Now add a generous amount of the curried sauce and spread it out. Leave the edges of the pizza out. Brush the edges with some olive oil.
- Add as much chicken, cheese, pepper and onions as you like. There are no rules you need to follow, only your taste!
Once the oven is hot, use a pizza peel and transfer the pizza into the oven.
How long it takes to bake depends on your oven. I usually check after 5 minutes. With a wood-fired oven, you will have to keep a watchful eye on the pie. My tip: rotate the pizza, so it doesn’t burn.
Step – By – Step
There you go – My best (and favorite) pizza recipe ‘Curried Chicken Pizza.’
I hope you will enjoy it. Please let me know in the comments below. What is your favorite pizza recipe?